Jack Dempsey vs. Gene Tunney I Rare Boxing Photo September 23, 1926
- Photograph is hand printed from the original 4" X 5" negative.
- A full story accompanies this photograph. Edition limited to 1,926.
- 11x14 inch photograph is numbered and embossed with "The Bruce Murray Collection" name.
- Unframed. Buyer will receive actual item displayed in our images.
September 23, 1926, Sesquicentennial Stadium, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. This extraordinary photograph captures one of the most famous title fights in the annals of boxing history. A record breaking 132,000 spectators filled the mammoth outdoor stadium in the darkness and drenching rain to see the 7 year World Champion Jack Dempsey dethroned by New Yorker Gene Tunney.
Splashing through puddles which formed in the hollows of the canvas floor, Tunney, the ex-marine, with left jabs and right crosses, shook the crown from the head of Dempsey, where it had been since 1919. The massive crowd stayed the 10 rounds with water dripping from their hats to experience the upset by decision. It was the first time in history that the heavyweight title had changed hands on a decision. Due to the horrid conditions, very few photographs exist of this famous title bout. A&R Collectibles is pleased to offer this near-impossible photograph made from the ORIGINAL Negative.
The classic Dempsey "crouch" stance and Tunney's evasive tactics are so well captured in this near-impossible to photograph original silver gelatin image. A full story accompanies this photograph. Edition limited to 1,926. Photo dimensions: 11 x 14 inches.
Each photograph is hand printed from the original 4" X 5" negative. A full "archival print" process has been used, incorporating museum-quality acid free paper. This time consuming and painstaking procedure ensures the finest quality and longest lasting image. Each photograph is numbered and embossed with "The Bruce Murray Collection" name. Each photograph is also accompanied by an "About the Artist" biography and a Certificate of Authenticity individually signed by the grandson of the photographer. The final print has been donated to the International Boxing Hall of Fame in Canastota, N.Y., for display.
The Bruce Murray Collection photographs are:
1. Original Estate Prints- Each hand printed from original (glass) negatives authorized by the estate of the photographer.
2. Archival Prints- Rated to last over 100 years.
3. Limited Edition- Never previously published.
4. Final Baseball Prints- have been donated to the "National Baseball Hall of Fame" in Cooperstown, NY, for their permanent collection.
All Photographs include: Certificate of Authenticity, Biography of Photographer, Care Instructions, Registration Form & Archival Paper Photo Description.
Championship. Jack Dempsey vs Gene Tunney (1st meeting). Sep. 23, 1926. Sesquicentennial Stadium, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States. Джек Дэмпси против Джина Танни, 23 сентября 1926 г., 1, 6, 9 и 10-ый раунды, поражение Дэмпси (UD).
Jack Dempsey v...Championship. Jack Dempsey vs Gene Tunney (1st meeting). Sep. ...